Landscaping Victoria and NGIV have joined with the Sports Turf Association to form the Victorian Urban Green Alliance whose core mission is to influence green space policy to enhance the urban environment. This Alliance forms the start of an inclusive partnership with like minded groups to build a bigger stronger voice for issues that affect our industries and work on joint initiatives to promote the greater benefits of urban green space and our value to healthy living. The group will be looking to further partners to sign on to our core belief that “Green Space Delivers Healthy Living”. This is a great initiative that will benefit the broader horticulture industry in Victoria.
- Urban green space provide us with both physical and psychological benefit
- Urban green space creates a more comfortable and environmentally sound place to live.
- Urban green space is important to the attractiveness of a community and our overall level of happiness.
- Urban green space provides us with a place to interact.
- Maintaining urban green spaces in good condition is vital to the benefit of such spaces.